Sunday 1 April 2012

Liu Jiakai is getting married

Taiwanese band sodagreen has been known since its emergence on the music scene for its refreshing music, and the band's music has touched many, with each performance receiving strong support from fans. Today (31/4/2012), sodagreen's electric guitarist Liu Jiakai announced the happy news of his marriage on Sina Weibo.

刘家凯 资料图片

Previously, some media reported on the rumours that the low-key sodagreen electric guitarist Liu Jiakai would be getting married in June to his journalist girlfriend of almost a year. Reports say that the sudden marriage is because of the would-be bride's pregnancy. An extremely small number of people know the identity of Jiakai's girlfriend, and it seems that he is very protective of the relationship.

On the 28th, sodagreen's bass player Claire (on Sina Weibo) wrote: "My goodness, this can't be true! Have I heard wrong?" After this, the band's lead singer Wu Tsing-Fong (on Sina Weibo) said: "My goodness, the first one has appeared." Acoustic guitarist A-fu (on Sina Weibo) said: "The bookies are gonna have to pay up a lot." Undoubtedly, these band members were shocked to hear of the news, and they may have been betting on who would be the first in the band to marry.

A message from Jiakai appeared on the band's official facebook page yesterday. It read: "Recently, I received a few phone calls, and I saw some news reports [about myself] which were not released [to the press] by me, and they made it feel as if I did something wrong, making me feel awkward (everyone knows how easily I become awkward!). [Marriage] is clearly a thing to be happy about, and I was sharing my joy with my friends, and what's wrong with that? I never wanted to play up the event, but I am also happy to share this happy news with everyone: 'I am getting married!' I have received everybody's best wishes, and I'm grateful for all your attention and support. This happy news, I will share with everybody, but marriage I leave for myself."

Wu Tsing-Fong congratulated Jiakai on Weibo as well: "The first of us good buddies to get married has appeared, and this is a happy occasion! Let's all send him our congratulations! Now that someone is getting married, sodagreen is starting to become a middle-aged band."

Source: huanqiu.com
This is a translated article.

Note: When the rumours first broke, congratulations from sodafans from Baidu Tieba and PTT started flooding in, although some doubted the authenticity of the news. As Jiakai is, apparently, the most handsome member of the band, many female fans were 'angry' at him for getting married. Now the rumours have been confirmed as fact, I'd like to congratulate Jiakai as well! I've always looked forward to seeing the members start families (unless this is all a stupid April Fool's joke). Now, will rumoured couple A-gong and Claire be next? A-gong told Jiakai on Weibo: "You beat me to it...!" To which Jiakai replied: "We'll throw the bouquet at you. You'd better catch it!" xD

No comments:

Post a Comment